Search This Blog

Monday, May 19, 2014

August Elliot: Nine Months





It's been a while since I've done a baby update.  I like to write these up for myself.  I'm not a very dutiful journal keeper, so recording them on the blog is at least some type of written record.

In the past month and a half August has hit so many milestones.  It makes me a little bit sad to see my little baby becoming more and more independent. He started crawling at about 7 1/2 months, much later than his two brothers, but I was quite pleased that he waited a little while.  He's pulling himself up to standing, and loves to be walked around the house.  Unfortunately this boys balance doesn't keep up with his eagerness to walk.  He has crazy legs, and I think we are still a ways away from independent walking.

At 7 1/2 months he cut his first tooth.  His second, third, and fourth all cut together on the top.  The week following 2,3,and 4, he cut 5,6, and 7.  Teeth 6, and 7 aren't visible in the picture, but they have cut through the gums on the bottom.  All of those teeth, so close together, makes for a pretty uncomfortable baby.  At least he is working his way through the teething process in an efficient manner.

At 8 months he figured out how to wave to say bye bye, and learned to clap his chubby little hands.  He is so sweet. He loves to play, and smiles easily.

He's slid down the charts a bit in the past months.  All of this teething has killed his desire to eat.  He's weighing in at 23.5 lbs, and is in the 93%.  He's 94% for height, and is 100% for head.  My boys have had big heads, and I blame their daddy!


His hair is coming in nicely, and is a sweet honey blonde with loose curls. 

We sure love our little Gus Gus!  We're so glad he's ours.


No comments: